The Upper East Side Animal Hospital team works diligently to improve the quality of life for every pet and every pet’s family. We are committed to veterinary excellence for our patients and value for our clients. This is made possible by ongoing training, education, team recruitment and advancements in medical technology. We promise to serve every patient and client with respect, integrity and compassion.
You will have the opportunity as an employee at Upper East Side Animal Hospital to excel in your position if you are dedicated, hardworking and willing to learn. As Veterinary Technician you are responsible for ensuring medical information on pets is relayed correctly to the doctor, ensuring vaccine protocols are followed, and overall enhancing the client and pet’s experience.
At Upper East Side Animal Hospital, we want the best for our clients and we hope you can share the same values. You can leave work each day feeling rewarded knowing that you have been an integral part of a dedicated team of medical professionals.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with compassion for animals and people, a dedication to service, and an overall bright personality. Our ideal candidate is punctual, organized, and has excellent communication skills. Applicants with more than three years of experience as an LVT will be strongly considered.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
• Check pets into rooms, gather medical records from owners, inform owners about vaccines and flea and tick preventatives, WellCare plans, and assist doctors with appointments.
• Administer vaccines, draw blood, place IV catheters, monitor anesthesia during surgeries, take X-Rays, perform dentals.
• Manage lab requests and ensure that samples are going out on time.
• Maintain the appearance of exam rooms and surgery areas.
A.A.S. in Veterinary Technology, LVT in New York State
• Computer skills - moderate understanding of software such as Microsoft Office Suite
• Software – Infinity preferred but not required.
• Email software - Microsoft Outlook
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Ability to analyze and identify problems in a situation and calmly and effectively take care of the issue.
• Customer Service- Ensuring client needs are met, providing the best service to customers and pets, and ensuring customers leave happy.
• Critical Thinking
• Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Active Listening
• Spanish speaking a plus but not required.
Additional Salary Information: Based on Experience
About Upper East Side Animal Hospital
The Pet Wellness Network is a group of privately owned veterinary hospitals with a commitment to high quality medical care and exceptional customer service.
The Pet Wellness Network strives to tailor each practice to the needs of the local community and their pets. We value long term team members from doctors to support staff, allowing us to develop relationships with generations of families and their faithful companions.
The Pet Wellness Network team works 24 hours a day to improve the quality of life for every pet and every pet’s family. We are committed to veterinary excellence for our patients and value for our clients. We promise to serve you with respect, integrity, and compassion.